It's no secret that I'm addicted to Pinterest. And I've been known to attempt a few Pinterest projects here and there :)
There are just so many PINspirational ideas on that site!!!
There are just so many PINspirational ideas on that site!!!
But this one project has been on my wish list for quite some time now...
I have had a few pallets in our garage that I swiped from my technical theatre department at school. They were sitting by the dumpster waiting for the garbage truck so I stuffed those little puppies in my car and drove happily home :)
I had also picked up four caster wheels and some wood screws a few weekends ago. And while on a trip to Home Depot for some plants, decided to go ahead and have them cut four legs for our table while I was there.
David and I decided to pull the pallets out this past week and give them a good stain. We planned to stain our table the same color as our swing...
I was lucky enough to find two pallets that looked pretty close to brand new. So the stain soaked in pretty well. Here is one of the stained pallets...
The hubby put the caster wheels on and then we added the four legs and put the second pallet on top. We wanted to get an idea of how tall our new table was going to be...
I actually had Home Depot cut 8 legs because I wasn't sure we wanted to put one set of them on the bottom. But after looking at the table in the above picture, we decided that the height was just perfect, so we only used one set of legs...
I ran to the movies with a friend and when I got home, check out what was waiting on me...
I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! We even ate dinner on it last Sunday night :)
Now, I'm trying to figure out if I should just get rid of the smaller table between the chairs...what do you think?!?!
Hands down, I think our new pallet table is just as beautiful as my PINspiration!!!































3 comments:
My husband is off work this week - I should have had him do one. (He has been working on our little city yard)
I love this. We are starting to use our back patio more now, and I think I may have to get my hubby to work on one of these now. :) Thanks for the idea.
I love pallets and we have a pallet company right down the road from us. They have extra pallets and wood pieces out front in bins to give away every day. I've made signs and other items with them. I just started a blog with crafts, sewing items that I make. Come on over and join me. I'm also having a give away. www.sewcraftykathy.blogspot.com
Post a Comment